- Bimbo Bakeries USA faced unprecedented growth with a big presence in SBT (Scanned Based Trading) after they acquired Sara Lee’s baking.
- As the largest vendor, BBU had to effectively manage more than 10,000 routes on the streets to over 100,000 retail customers and 60,000 food service customers in a way that allows them to continuously increase efficiency.
- BBU has multiple legacy technologies and reporting metrics along with multiple route systems that needed to be consolidated and optimized after these sizable acquisitions.
- Bimbo needed a way to educate their organization due to the lack of understanding SBT within the company and how to minimize the waste from it.
- BBU Implemented Salient’s Margin Minder in order help manage waste that came along with SBT.
- Margin Minder provided BBU with accessible, easy to use, flexible data analysis to effectively manage.
- Deployed a large scale training to understand the system and SBT that allowed BBU to create and implement basic user guides as well as customized training manuals for different roles throughout the enterprise.
- BBU is now able to present calculated shrink based on SBT, directly related to profit and loss.
- BBU was able to effectively meet their goal of minimizing shrink; in one market they uncovered potential fraud and saved six figures.
- Empowered sales managers and directors to obtain insights. Even in their best performing areas, with the lowest shrink market in the country, potential problems were uncovered.
- Allowed users to see key service and data entry patterns that could indicate the root cause of SBT issues or illustrate gaps in procedural compliance.
- Within 10 minutes of teaching their team how to use Storyboards, they identified six problems they weren’t aware of. Three of them were emerging and growing and would have been serious situations had they not been aware they were happening.
- By using Knowledge Manager as a resource library and creating Storyboards to make core analyses and reports easily accessible, they were able to save valuable time for their sales team even if they were not technically proficient.
- Focusing in on key reports and providing simple instructions has allowed them to get better results, quicker.